What is a CXO?

CXO = Consumer eXperience Officer


One who identifies and leads the organization's value experience and aligns business objectives and strategy to optimize that value.

I've been in China since 1999 and have been lucky enough to witness the birth and growth of user interface and interaction design over the past few years. And in recent years, businesses and universities have been starting to figure out what a consumer experience is.

Needless to say, when I introduce myself as a CXO, everybody asks "what is that?" When I explain that the X = eXperience, they all nod and feign an understanding of what I do.

Over time, I will share my views and experiences on what is a CXO and what they are responsible for.


Meanwhile, here is a nice diagram I found that addresses many of the business functions that a CXO touches. Check out www.chiefexperienceofficer.com for some great articles defining the role of a CXO.


illustration from: www.chiefexperienceofficer.com




Comments